I’m officially back. After an extra long holiday filled with delicious food, drinks and more delicious food, I am very happy to be home and back into the routine. The only vegetable my body consumed for the past 3 weeks was served with chicken wings and dipped in blue cheese dressing. Do I regret it? Absolutely not… I ate my way across North America and it was glorious. Am I ready get back into healthy eating? Most definitely (especially since it turned summer in Australia while I was away). Last night I created these Blueberry Vanilla Protein Muffins. They are super easy and quick to make and are a perfect ‘snack’ to kick the sweet craving while being healthy. The come in around 100-140 calories depending on the protein powder you use.
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup wholegrain rolled oats
- 1/2 sugar free applesauce
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 chopped almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Beat egg whites. Add vanilla & apple sauce, mix, baking powder, salt, oats & protein powder.
- Add cottage cheese, mix. Stir through almonds & blueberries.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.