Introducing my successful weekend creation – Raw Chocolate Mint Truffles. I came up with this delicious creation on the weekend when I was craving something similar to my favourite ice cream: mint chocolate chip. I was in a rut and I needed something cold, sweet, chocolate-y and mint-y. The inside of the ‘truffle’ is a mixture of soaked almonds & cashews, coconut, organic agave syrup and all natural peppermint extract. Once frozen, I dipped the peppermint goodness (twice) in a coconut & cacao mixture and set them in the freezer. What a success! Cold & peppermint-y (like the ice cream) but with all natural ingredients. Win win!
- ½ cup almonds (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- ½ cup cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup organic agave
- ½ Teaspoon natural peppermint extract
- ½ cup coconut oil / butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Add nuts and agave syrup to a food processor / blender. Mix. Once combined add the coconut. Use hands to form small balls.
- Once balls are complete – put in freezer and allow to set for at least 1 hour.
- Melt coconut butter over hot water or ensure coconut oil is very liquid-y. Stir through cacao and vanilla. Dip / roll truffle fillings in the raw chocolate mixture.
- I dipped all of mine a second time because… well why not!
- Once complete – place in fridge and allow approximately an hour to set.