I like my fish not tasting too fishy (if that makese sense). Growing up in central Ontario, Canada – seafood was not in high abundance. I enjoy my salmon and have grown to try new sea ‘things’ since living on the coast in Australia. That being said, I am pretty particular when it comes to seafood and how it is prepared / cooked. I hate the fishy smell / taste. This coconut & almond salmon was delightful. It is a nice alternative to breaded fish (the salmon is crumbed in shredded coconut & almond flour or ground almonds) and crisps up in the oven beautifully. I served with a nice & fresh summer salad consisting of blueberries, strawberries, feta cheese, red onion and rocket.
- 2 tbsp x shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp x almond flour / ground up almonds
- salt & pepper
- Combine ingredients in a ziplock bag
- Insert piece of salmon and shake to cover.
- Place salmon on baking tray. Cover top of salmon with remaining mixture.
- Bake at 180degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and broil until crispy (approx. 5 minutes).