I love innovative ways to replace carbs out of meals….lettuce wraps in place of bread, zucchini noodles in place of pasta, cauliflower rice in place of white rice… My latest obsession is replacing crackers with apples. Not only is this snack delicious & healthy – but it can appeal to both the savory & sweet tooth depending on the ‘sandwich’ contents (see below for some options). In the photo above I’ve used almond butter, wholegrain oats, cocao nibs & walnuts.
- Granola / oats
- Peanut butter / almond butter / cashew butter
- Cottage cheese / low fat Philli cream cheese with honey stirred through
- Agave syrup, organic honey, organic maple syrup
- Nuts: Pecans / Walnuts / Almonds / Pumpkin seeds
- Toppers: Cocao nibs, chia seeds, sultanas, goji berries, cinnamon, dark chocolate chips
If you have / discover an awesome combination I’d love to hear it.