Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. Protein pancakes are a new ‘thing’ I’ve been playing around with. I’ve definitely had more failures than successes -> trying to master the denomination of ingredients in these healthy pancakes has proven quite tricky. That being said, I’ve managed to create two delicious successes that I thought I’d share. These are awesome after a Saturday morning run/gym session when you want something more than a smoothie.
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup wholegrain oats
- Handful of spinach
- ¼ blueberries
Blend ingredients & cook like regular pancakes.
I served with smashed strawberries & agave syrup.
Chocolate protein pancakes
- ¼ almond flour
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (this is what I use)
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- Stevia (sweetener if desired)
Stir all dry ingredients together. Whisk through almond milk and cook like regular pancakes (low on stove top).
- Banana Protein Pancakes (thelittlegreenspoon.com)
- Strawberry and beetroot protein pancakes (iifymouth.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (foodologie.com)