This quick & easy meal was thrown together in under 30 minutes and was absolutely delicious. I stumbled across this recipe from Kalyn’s Kitchen and it is super delicious. I threw it on top of Asian greens (baby bok choy, Chinese broccoli), some green beans and purple cabbage (mainly because I love the colour variety it adds to any dish). This spicy sauce makes the dish – and could also be used on chicken (for the non-tofu lovers of the world). Man rating…He licked his plate clean (no joke).
Tofu & sauce
- 1 x 500g firm tofu
- 3 x tbsp soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 3 x tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 x tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 x tbsp agave
- 1 x tbsp sriracha sauce (add less if you don’t like it too spicy)
- 2 x tbsp water
- Piece of ginger root
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 1 x bunch of baby bok choy
- 1 x bunch Chinese broccoli
- Handful of green beans
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Drain tofu. Press between paper towels to soak up extra water . Cut into strips.
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter, agave & water. Add sriracha sauce.
- Cut pieces of garlic & ginger. Heat wok / pan. Add oil of choice and add sliced pieces of ginger & garlic. Cook until fragrant and then remove and discard. Add tofu and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add sauce to tofu, turn heat to low and cook until the sauce thickens. (If you cook it too long the sauce will get too thick). Remove and serve over stirfried / steamed veggies.
- Vegan General Tso’s Tofu (onegreenplanet.org)
- Peanut Sauce and Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry (thenewloaf.com)
- Fried tofu vegetable bowl (lillnekoskitchen.wordpress.com)