This weekend was great. A beautiful, extremely hot Saturday was followed by a cool, windy Sunday. As the Sunday afternoon storm rolled across the sky, grey clouds were upon us and there was no place like home. The wind turned cool and refreshing and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to bake. This nut / seed bread creation is a combination of seeds, almond flour and eggs and reaps many health benefits.
Linseed (flaxseed) is the richest source of plant-based omega 3 essential fatty acids. Sesame seeds are a good source of manganese, cooper, calcium, magnesium, iron and more. Pumpkin seeds are high in magnesium (heart healthy), zinc (immune support) and is another plant-based omega 3 fat. Sunflower seeds have significant amounts of Vitamin E (anti-inflammatory effects) and phytosterol compounds (which lowers cholesterol). And aside from all these great benefits, this bread is yummy.
- 150g x pumpkin seeds
- 100g x sesame seeds
- 100g x sunflower seeds
- 100g x flaxseed (linseed)
- 150g x almond flour
- 100 ml x coconut oil, grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1.5 x tsp salt
- 5 x eggs
- Mix everything together & bake at 160 degrees celcius for 70 minutes.
- Let it cool & store in fridge
- Roast Pumpkin Seed & Toast Pumpkin Seeds | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Flax Seed Bread/Crackers (1munchingmomma.wordpress.com)