Saturday / Sunday mornings are my favourite time of the week. A notorious early bird, I cherish the couple early hours I get to myself – usually spent on the internet with a coffee in hand or skyping with my parents. I equally love Saturday / Sunday morning breakfasts -> the only days of the week where I get to vary from my standard smoothy or overnight oats. Coming into what I call the ‘silly season’, this Saturday has a lot going on in a limited amount of time. To save some hustle time, I created this AM’s breakfast last night and stored in the fridge. It’s a lovely & healthy change to my oats and perfect for breakfast on the go. PS. I used my shatterproof wine glassesfor these!
Ingredients (serves 2 cups)
- 1/2 x cups oats (boiled with 1.25cups of water)
- 1 x cup of blueberries
- 1x banana
- 1x teas vanilla
- 1x tbsp all natural peanut butter
- Yoghurt (I’ve used greek & coyo – both delicious. Greek for the photos)
- Layer 1: Boil oats with water (follow package instructions). Stir through bluberries until turns a purple colour.
- Layer 2: Mash banana, vanilla & peanut butter (could also use almond butter)
- Layer 3: Yoghurt of your choice
- Topper: Toasted muesli, shredded coconut, some dried fruit & bluberries (could use absolutely anything here)