I just returned home 2 days ago from a wonderful 15 day holiday to Canada for my best friends wedding. Like most good holidays, I ate too much, drank too much and had a fabulous time. I promised myself I would indulge, and indulge I did! Unfortunately, now I’m back in Australia and the reality of my vacation indulgences smacked me in the face when I stepped on the scale. Determined to get back to pre-vacay weight, I’ve been indulging in lean protein, veggies, fruit and litres upon litres of water. My dinner creation last night was healthy, carb-free and really really yummy. The man gave it a big thumbs up – so I thought I’d share it with you.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 x small eggplant (cubbed)
- 1 x head of bok choy (sliced greens & stems seperate)
- 1/2 x green chinese cabbage (sliced greens & stems seperate)
- 1/2 x bunch of green onions (white & light green parts diced)
- 500g chicken mince
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp x sesame oil
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 teas grated ginger (I keep my ginger frozen in the freezer and grate as needed)
- 1 tbsp Siracha hot sauce (If you like it hot then I would recommend adding a bit more)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Mix all ingredients togethers
- Spray medium pan with olive oil & cook chicken mince. Remove from pan.
- Using the same pan, add olive oil & cook green onions.
- Add eggplant and cook until begins to soften (about 4-5min)
- Add the stems and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sauce and greens. Cook until greens begin to wilt.
- Serve with chicken mince tossed throughout the dish.
- Healthy Stroganoff (dailyfoodstruggle.com)